1913

HV Wallace commenced business on his own at Princess Street near the Grand Hotel. He was an Australian from Adelaide having worked at the pottery trade.
Wardrops in Dunedin, then went to Carrara in Wellington for a period. After this he came to Auckland. In 1918 he shifted to Aitken Terrace, Glenmore (now Kingsland), where the firm of HV Wallace Co Ltd operated as Fibrous Plaster sub contractors. HV Wallace owing to ill health, retired in 1937.